Attending: Josh, Les, Surly, Mike and Theo.
Attending: Arthur, Les, Barry, Dev, Theo and Mike.
Attending: Tony, Les, Barry, Dev, Theo and Mike.
- Tony showed off some of the model cars he has been restoring.
- Les has more single board computers to review.
- Theo displayed an animation he had made.
- Dev did a very realistic impersonation of a border patrol Alsatian sniffer dog finding illegal substances.
- Barry said he felt old because he could remember the CDROM coming out. This of course brought forth mentions of 14.4k modems, floppy disks, tape drives….. And then on to a famous Monty python sketch!
Attending this week: Anthony, Barry,Dev,Les,Mike,Theo and Tony.
- Covid vaccination side effects.
- Star wars
- Jason and the Argonauts
- Cameras, compact/bridge/DSLR/film
- Restoring model cars
- Gaming laptop for Theo
Attending this week: Arthur,Barry,Dev,Mike and Theo.
New rule produced:
No politics 😀
Attending the virtual meeting this week: Anthony, Arthur, Mike, surly dev, Theo and Darcey.
Topics this week
- Scout camps and jamborees.. Anthony and Arthur.
- Arrangements needed to get from Germany to England during pandemic restrictions.. Dev
- Developing with Blender.. Theo and Darcey.
- Bottling 40 pints of homebrew Indian pale ale.. Mike
Just Les and me (Mike) this morning. It is the first Saturday with reduced lockdown restrictions and is also a hot day. I imagine this combination is the reason for the reduced attendance. Les spent the morning installing windows 10 on this device:- https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/seeed-odyssey-x86j4105.
I talked about my first attempt to make five gallons of IPA (India pale ale) it will be ready in three weeks, I will report back then.
The usual suspects attended again this week, although Arthur was absent. Points discussed:
- Arduino IDE port for Pico
- Diesel engine design and air pollution
- Growing lavender in raised beds, dealing with clay
- Mars rover
- Vegetarian and vegan food
- Retro programming with the programming language called Basic
- Old cotton mill water wheels around Durham repurposed to generate electricity
- What we will do when we are released from ‘lockdown’ on Monday